Greatest Love Songs Ever Written
Love Songs are a way to express our feelings and emotions. Whether to impress a girl with music, learn musical lyrics, etc. Hobby Sprout Music has you covered!
The love Music genre helps us express our feelings that in real life we may struggle to put into words. it touches and uplifts our souls. Looking for some of the greatest love songs ever, here are some of the best love songs ever.
Best Love Songs of All Time
- ‘This Magic Moment’ by the Drifters
This classic love was a song composed by lyricist Doc Pomus and pianist Mort Shuman. It was recorded first by the Drifters and Ben E. King.
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers (1965)
This song touches my soul when I listen to it. It still remains one of the most beautiful love songs ever written.
- “We Belong Together” by Mariah Carey (2005)
It was sung by Mariah Carey and has a classic and pop mood to it.
This song won Grammy Award for Best R&B Song.
- ‘Love Me Like You Do’ by Ellie Goulding
The song was co-written by Max Martin and ace Swedish singer-songwriter Tove Lo, and was sung by Ellie Goulding with her amazing voice. It got featured on the Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack.
- ‘At Last’ by Etta James (1961)
This song was originally written by Mack Gordon and Harry Warren and performed by Glenn Miller and His Orchestra for the 1941 movie Sun Valley Serenade. This song was later performed by Etta James got featured on best-of lists, including inclusion in the Library of Congress’s National Recording Registry and induction into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999.
- ‘When I Think of You’ by Janet Jackson
This song was composed by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and sung by Janet Jackson. It was released on July 28, 1986, as the third single in her album Control.
- Lovesong by The Cure
This song was written by the Alternative rock band called the Cure and was released on 21 August 1989. It is part of the Album Disintegration.
- Crazy In Love by Beyonce
This is a song recorded by Beyoncé and featured with a rap verse by her husband Jay-Z.
This song is part of a debut solo studio album Dangerously in Love (2003).
- ‘Saving All My Love for You’ by Whitney Houston
This song was written by Michael Masser and Gerry Goffin and was originally recorded by Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. for their 1978 album Marilyn & Billy. This was her first song to top the US Billboard Hot 100, staying there for two weeks.
- ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’ by Queen
This song was written by Freddie Mercury in 1979 and sung by the rock band, Queen. It is part of the 1980 album The Game. The song became the first number-one single to hit the Billboard Hot 100 in the US in 1980.
- “By Your Side” by Sade
This song was recorded from 13-17 December 1999 and released on 3 October 2000 by the English band Sade. It is part of the fifth studio album Lover Rock (2000).
This song will make you feel peace and love, which you may have never felt before. Listen to it and let your soul be uplifted. Sade – ‘By Your Side’
- “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross (1981)
This song was originally written by Lionel Richie and performed as a duet with Diana Ross in 1981. It was so sensational and heartwarming. I know you may have already listened to it, but listen to it again and let your soul be uplifted.
- ” When a Man Loves a Woman” by Percy Sledge
This song was originally performed by Percy Sledge in 1966 in Norala Sound Studio. It was later recorded by John Wesley Ryles in 1976, Bette Midler recorded the song 14 years later, and was also performed by Michael Bolton in 1991 which became number one in both Billboard Hot 100 chart and the Billboard Adult Contemporary Singles chart.
- “2002” by Anne-Marie
This song was released on 20 April 2018 as a single from Anne-Marie’s album Speak Your Mind. She co-wrote the song with Julia Michaels, Benny Blanco, and Ed Sheeran. This song is very captivating, no wonder it was ranked high on the music charts in so many countries.
- “Just The Way You Are” by Billy Joel (1976)
This song is Billy Joel’s first “Gold” single in USA released in September 1977. It is a part of his album The Stranger (1977).
This is not just about the relationship between lovers but also between mother, father, children, etc.
It is a masterpiece.
- “Tupelo Honey” by Van Morrison
This is a popular soul song by the Sensational Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison. It was recorded in Spring–Summer 1971 and released on 15 October 1971. You can find this song on every wedding playlist because of the instrumentals and the sweet lyrics that flow with it.
- “You and Me” by Penny & the Quarters
This song is from the Lost Soul Band that gained fame after an unreleased version of their song “You And Me” was used in the film “Blue Valentine”.
- “All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You” by Heart
This song was originally recorded as “All I Want to Do Is Make Love to You” by Dobie Gray in 1979 but with different lyrics. This song is from the Rock Band Heart from the Album Brigade.
- “I’ll Never Break Your Heart” by the Backstreet Boys
This song was made by the American Boy Band Backstreet Boys. The lyrics are very touching and can melt a cold heart.
The song was written by singer-songwriters Eugene Wilde and Albert Manno and produced by Veit Renn and Timmy Allen. It was released on December 4, 1995, in Europe.
- “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal
Seal is a British singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer.
The song was originally released as a single in July 1994 and included in the film The Never-ending Story III in the same year. It was then released as part of the Batman Forever film soundtrack in 1995.
This helped the song to win Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance during the 1996 Grammy Awards.
- “I Only Have Eyes for You” by The Flamingos
This sensational love song was composed by Harry Warren and Al Dubin. It was originally made for the film Dames but the Flamingos made a chattered version in 1959 which was a huge commercial success.
Other versions of the song were also made.
- “Reach Out I’ll Be There” by the Four Tops
The song was written and produced by Motown’s main production team, Holland–Dozier–Holland.
It was then recorded the Four Tops from their Album Reach Out.
- “In Another’s Eyes” by Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood
This song was performed as a duet between the Sensational couple lovers, Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. It was released in August 1997 as a part of Yearwood Album Songbook.
- ‘Wonderful World’ by Sam Cooke
Wonderful World is a song by American singer and songwriter Sam Cooke released by Keen Records in October 1960. The song “Wonderful World” is sometimes referred to as (What A) Wonderful World”) was composed by Lou Adler and Herb Alpert, but Cooke revised it. This song will melt your heart and uplift your soul.
- ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours’ by Stevie Wonder
This is a Sensational soul song by American musician Stevie Wonder. It was released in June 1970 as a single on Motown’s Tamla label.
It spent six weeks atop the U.S. R&B chart and garnered Wonder his first Grammy nomination.
- “Crazy” by Patsy Cline
This song was written by Willie Nelson and later made famous by Patsy Cline in 1961.
- “Crazy He Calls Me” by Billie Holiday
This heartwarming song was originally recorded in 1949 by Billie Holiday. Many musicians made different versions along the line.
- “I’ll Make Love to You” by Boyz II Men
- “True to Your Heart” by 98 Degrees
- “If You Had My Love” by Jennifer Lopez
- “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye
This song was released on August 28, 1973, by the Sensational Soul songwriter and producer, Marvin Gaye.
This song will give you butterflies in your stomach. The current cover that was sung by Lucas Di Stefano in the American Got Talent is so sensational and fun to listen to with his deep voice and all.
- “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Crocker
- “Baby, I Love Your Way” by Peter Frampton
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “If I Let You Go” by Westlife
- “Crazy For You” by Madonna
- “Love You Inside Out” by the Bee Gees
- “You Can’t Hurry Love” by The Supremes
- “Careless Love” by Ray Charles
- “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green
- “Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye” by Leonard Cohen
- “Can’t Get You Out of My Mind” by Sonya Kitchell
- “Wanting Her Again” by Ben Kweller
- “Maps” by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- “No Seatbelt Song” by Brand New
- “Dinner for Two” by Deerhoof
- “Shallow” by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- “Soul on Fire” by LaVern Baker
- “Your Song” by Elton John
- “Making Love Out of Nothing at All” by Air Supply
This song was written by Jim Steinman and performed by the Australian soft rock band Air Supply. This song will send chills to your spines, no matter how you play it.
- “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele (2008)
- “Thinkin’ Bout You” by Frank Ocean (2012)
This song was written by Frank Ocean and released as a lead single as part of the album Channel Orange (2012). This song explores the emotions of heartbreak and the regrets one may have. It is a good song to listen to about Love.
- ‘My Baby Just Cares for Me’ by Nina Simone
This is a classy song with an amazing bass beat. It was written by Walter Donaldson and lyrics by Gus Kahn. This song remains one of the best masterpieces about love with Nina Simone’s voice so heart-breaking and sweet.
Hope you enjoy our list of best love songs. If there are any recommendations, please do comment below. Find more related content about music from our Music Category Page.