Claude Monet Quotes Painting
Find Inspiration with these Claude Monet quotes on Painting and Art
- I am good at only two things, and those are gardening and painting. – Claude Monet.
- I think only of my painting, and if I were to drop it, I think I’d go crazy. – Claude Monet.
- The real subject of every painting is light. – Claude Monet’s quote on Light.
- Apart from painting and gardening, I’m not good at anything. – Claude Monet.
- I know well enough in advance that you’ll find my paintings perfect. I know that if they are exhibited, they’ll be a great success, but I couldn’t be more indifferent to it since I know they are bad, I’m certain of it. – Claude Monet.
- I do what I can to convey what I experience before nature and most often, in order to succeed in conveying what I feel, I totally forget the most elementary rules of painting, if they exist that is. – Claude Monet.
- I would advise young artists to paint as they can, as long as they can, without being afraid of painting badly. – Claude Monet.
- I’ve done what I could as a painter and that seems to me to be sufficient. I don’t want to be compared to the great masters of the past, and my painting is open to criticism; that’s enough. – Claude Monet.
- I intend to do a large painting of the cliff at Etretat, although it is terribly bold of me to do so after Courbet has painted it so admirably, but I will try to do it in a different way. – Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes about Flowers
Find out why he loves to paint flowers with these quotes
- I must have flowers, always, and always. – Claude Monet.
- Nothing in the whole world is of interest to me but my painting and my flowers. – Claude Monet.
- I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.” – Claude Monet quote on Flowers.
- I am following Nature without being able to grasp her, I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. – Claude Monet’s quote on Flowers.
Claude Monet Quotes about Art
Every Painter and Artist needs inspiration in his work. Find that inspiration with these Claude Monet Quotes about Art
- “No one is an artist unless he carries his picture in his head before painting it, and is sure of his method and composition.” – Claude Monet.
- “I would like to paint the way a bird sings.” – Claude Monet.
- “Zaandam is wonderful. There is enough to paint here for a lifetime.” – Claude Monet.
- “If I became a painter, it is to Eugène Boudin that I owe that fact.” – Claude Monet.
- “No one but myself knows the anxiety I go through and the trouble I give myself to finish paintings which do not satisfy me and seem to please so very few others.”
- Claude Monet.
- “One day Boudin said to me, ‘Learn to draw well and appreciate the sea, the light, the blue sky.’ I took his advice.” – Claude Monet.
- “I’m never finished with my paintings; the further I get, the more I seek the impossible and the more powerless I feel.” – Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes about Colors
Claude Monet Quotes about colors and how much Love he has for colors
- “Color is my day-long obsession, joy, and torment.” – Claude Monet.
- “Since the appearance of impressionism, the official salons, which used to be brown, have become blue, green and red.” – Claude Monet.
- “What keeps my heart awake is colorful silence.” – Claude Monet.
- “The point is to know how to use the colors, the choice of which is, when all’s said and done, a matter of habit.” – Claude Monet.
- “Colors pursue me like a constant worry. They even worry me in my sleep.” – Claude Monet.
- “I haven’t yet managed to capture the color of this landscape; there are moments when I’m appalled at the colors I’m having to use, I’m afraid what I’m doing is just dreadful and yet I really am understating it; the light is simply terrifying.” – Claude Monet.
- “Try to forget what objects you have before you – a tree, a house, a field, or whatever. Merely think, ‘Here is a little square of blue, here an oblong of pink, here a streak of yellow,’ and paint it.” – Claude Monet.
- “I’m not performing miracles; I’m using up and wasting a lot of paint.”- Claude Monet.
- “Now I really feel the landscape. I can be bold and include every tone of pink and blue: it’s enchanting, it’s delicious.” – Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes about Nature and Garden
- “My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.” – Claude Monet.
- “What could be said about me… a man to whom only his painting matters? And of course his garden and his flowers as well.” – Claude Monet.
- “Eventually, my eyes were opened, and I really understood nature. I learned to love at the same time.” – Claude Monet.
- “For me, a landscape does not exist in its own right, since its appearance changes at any moment.” – Claude Monet..
- “My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.” – Claude Monet.
- Gardening was something I learned in my youth when I was unhappy. I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. – Claude Monet.
- “My garden is a slow work, pursued with love and I do not deny that I am proud of it.” – Claude Monet.
- “The richness I achieve comes from nature, the source of my inspiration.” – Claude Monet.
- “I work at my garden all the time and with love.” – Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes about Love
- Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand when it is simply necessary to love.”
Claude Monet Quotes about Beauty
- “I am weary, having worked without a break all day; how beautiful it is here, to be sure, but how difficult to paint!” – Claude Monet.
- “There’s lots to be learned and nature begins to grow beautiful.” – Claude Monet.
- “Finally, here is a beautiful day, a superb sun like at Giverny. So, I worked without stopping, for the tide at this moment is just as I need it for several motifs. This has bucked me up a bit.” – Claude Monet.
- “‘Without fog, London would not be a beautiful city. It is the fog that gives it its magnificent breadth.” – Claude Monet.
- “The light constantly changes, and that alters the atmosphere and beauty of things every minute.” – Claude Monet.
- “‘It is beautiful here in Etretat, my friend… It is intoxicating me, and I want to paint it all.” – Claude Monet.
- “These landscapes of water and reflection have become an obsession.” – Claude Monet.
- “Every day I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it.” – Claude Monet.
- “To see we must forget the name of the thing we are looking at.” – Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes About Water Lilies and Water
Claude Monet Loved painting Water Lilies, These Claude Monet Quote about will show you how he loves painting Water Lilies
- “I had planted them for the pleasure of it.” – Claude Monet, about water lilies.
- “I grew them without ever thinking of painting them.” – Claude Monet Quote about water lilies.
- “It took me time to understand my water lilies.” – Claude Monet.
- “Waterlilies is the extension of my life.” – Claude Monet.
- “Without the water, the lilies cannot survive as I’m without art.” – Claude Monet.
- It was at home I learned the little I know. Schools always appeared to me like a prison, and never could I make up my mind to stay there, not even for four hours a day, when the sunshine was inviting, the sea smooth, and when it was a joy to run about the cliffs in the free air, or to paddle in the water. – Claude Monet.
- The Thames was all gold. God, it was beautiful, so fine that I began working a frenzy, following the sun and its reflections on the water. – Claude Monet.
- I have once more taken up things that can’t be done: water with grasses weaving on the bottom. But I’m always tackling that sort of thing! – Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes on Impressionism
Monet painted in the style of what would become Impressionism in the early 1870s. Read his best quotes on Impressionism.
- “Impression — I was certain of it. I was just telling myself that, since I was impressed, there had to be some impression in it… and what freedom, what ease of workmanship! Wallpaper in its embryonic state is more finished than that seascape.” ― Claude Monet.
- “A good impression is lost so quickly.” – Claude Monet.
- “Impressionism is only a direct sensation. All great painters were less or more impressionists. It is mainly a question of instinct, and much simpler than John Singer Sargent thinks.” ― Claude Monet.
- “My work is always better when I am alone and follow my own impressions.” ― Claude Monet.
- “Ninety percent of the theory of Impressionist painting is in Ruskin’s Elements.” ― Claude Monet.
Claude Monet Quotes about Criticism
- Critic asks: ‘And what, sir, is the subject matter of that painting?’ – ‘The subject matter, my dear good fellow, is the light.
- I despise the opinion of the press and the so-called critics.
- As for myself, I met with as much success as I ever could have wanted. In other words, I was enthusiastically run-down by every critic of the period.
- Lots of people will protest that it’s quite unreal and that I’m out of my mind, but that’s just too bad.
- I’ve done what I could as a painter and that seems to me to be sufficient. I don’t want to be compared to the great masters of the past, and my painting is open to criticism; that’s enough.
Inspirational Claude Monet Quote on Painting Art
- “Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand as if it were necessary to understand when it is simply necessary to love.” – Claude Monet.