Christmas is just around the corner and you need to get into the holiday spirit. Whether you are looking for inspirational Christmas quotes, funny Christmas quotes, or short Christmas quotes. I have got you covered.
Here are my favorite hand-selected Christmas Quotes for family, Friends, Kids, and loved ones, whether to inspire or make them laugh.
If you love these Christmas quotes, you will also love these Merry Christmas Wishes, Christmas Bible verses, Christmas wishes and Santa quotes, and inspirational quotes.
These Memorable Christmas quotes can help you inspire love and affection during this festive occasion.
Inspirational Christmas Quotes
Looking for inspiring messages to share with family, friends, and loved ones and also include in your Holiday cards? If yes, check out these Christmas quotes to help inspire everyone during this Memorable Christmas Season.
- “Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed.” – Ann Garnett Schultz
- “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money. There’s a kind of glory to them when they’re all lit up that exceeds anything all the money in the world could buy.” – Andy Rooney
- “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.” – Agnes M. Pahro
- “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance – each beautiful, unique, and gone too soon.” – Deborah Whipp
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
- “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white.’” – Bing Crosby
- “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality.” – Washington Irving
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
- “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
- “I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.” – Fred Rogers
- “Christmas Day is in our grasp, as long as we have hands to clasp! Christmas Day will always be, just as long, as we have we! Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart, and hand in hand!” –Dr. Seuss
- “T’was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” – Clement Clarke Moore
- “The earth has grown old with its burden of care, but at Christmas it always is young, the heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair, and its soul full of music breaks the air, when the song of angels is sung.” – Phillips Brooks
- “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
Merry Christmas Quotes And Wishes
Looking for the best Merry Christmas quotes and wishes for family, friends and loved ones, please do read to find the best merry Christmas wishes for your loved ones.
- “Merry Christmas! I put so much thought into your gift that now it’s too late to get it.”
- “Please note: Christmas is canceled. Apparently, you told Santa you have been good this year … he died laughing.”
- “Is it just me, or does Santa look younger every year?”
- “Christmas is mostly for children. But we adults can enjoy it too, until the credit card bills arrive.”
- “Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Have a wonderful Christmas!”
- “May all that is beautiful, meaningful and brings you joy be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year!”
- “Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the happiness your holiday can hold!”
- “May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter.”
- “I hope the magic of Christmas fills every corner of your heart and home with joy — now and always.”
- “Our family wishes you love, joy and peace … today, tomorrow and always.”
- “May your family have a holiday season that is full of wonderful surprises, treats and nonstop laughter.”
- “Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best this holiday season!”
- “Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright!”
- “We hope you have a safe and relaxing holiday season.”
Family Christmas Quotes
Here are some Christmas quotes to help us understand the value of family during this festive occasion. Happiness is best when is shared with family and loved ones.
- “Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold.” – Josephine Daskam Bacon
- “Christmas is the season of joy, of gift-giving, and of families united.”- Norman Vincent Peale
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.”- Alexander Smith
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hills
- “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” – David Cameron
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” – Marjorie Holmes
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hills
- “As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same.” – Donald E. Westlake
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – Janice Maeditere
Christmas Quotes For Friends
Looking best Christmas wishes and quotes for your friends? Check out some of my favorite ones.
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It’s discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” – Dale Evans
- “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
- “As we give presents at Christmas, we need to recognize that sharing our time and ourselves is such an important part of giving.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken
Christmas Quotes For Kids
Looking for funny and inspiring Christmas for your kids, if so here are some of the best Christmas quotes and wishes for your kids.
- To my beautiful child on your first Christmas: This Holy Day, I am grateful for so much, but you’re my biggest blessing in my life.
- From the moment I saw your sweet face, I knew you were the best Christmas gift I could ever receive. Merry Christmas, Sweetie!
- Sweet cookies, sweet candy, sweet Christmas carols in the air, sweetly wrapped gifts, and, hmmm, what else? Oh yeah, SWEET YOU!
- Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want and their kids pay for it. ~Richard Lamm
- A song was heard at Christmas. To wake the midnight sky. A savior’s birth, & peace on earth & praise to God on high.
- May this Christmas bring your way plenty of reasons to smile. I wish you and your family a very Happy and Joyous Christmas season.
- May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter, & goodwill & may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy. Have a Merry Christmas.
- Wishing you a safe holiday season with the ones you love. Have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other’s arms.
- “At Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.” Thomas Tusser
- I am dreaming of white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write, May your days be merry and bright, and May all your Christmases be white. Merry Christmas. – Christmas Quote for Kids
- Spread the warmth of the Christmas season to all those around you and make this world a beautiful place to live in. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- May Santa and his elves bring you bundles of joy and the Yuletide cheer!
- May this Christmas be filled with lots of presents but more importantly lots of love from the ones that matter most.
- Don’t measure the height of your Christmas tree. Measure the abundance of love present in your heart! Have a Blessed Christmas!
- Giving and receiving love is the only guarantee of having a truly Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Wishing you and your family all the best.
Bible Christmas Quotes
The bible holds many sayings about Christmas and the importance of love. Here are some of the best ones I found in the Bible.
- “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” – Romans 15:13
- “Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable Gift.” – 2 Corinthians 9:15
- “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” – James 1:17
- “You can never truly enjoy Christmas until you can look up into the Father’s face and tell Him you have received His Christmas gift.” – John R. Rice
- “All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ.” – David Jeremiah
- “May the hope, the peace, the joy, and the love represented by the birth in Bethlehem this night fill our lives and become part of all that we say and do.” – Rev. Richard J. Fairchild
- “God goes to those who have time to hear him—and so on this cloudless night he went to simple shepherds.”
- “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.” – Pope Francis
Short Christmas Quotes
Here are some short Christmas quotes and sayings that sweet and you can use it on your WhatsApp status, Instagram, and social media posts,s or send to loved ones.
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – W.T. Ellis
- “Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness.” – Mo Rocca
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – Edna Ferber
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” – Edward Pola and George Wyle
- “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.” – Valentine Davies
- “Love the giver more than the gift.” – Brigham Young
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action.” – Dale Evans
- “For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
Funny Christmas Quotes
Make your loved ones laugh with these funny Christmas quotes that will make this Christmas season more memorable and enjoyable. Have a laugh, it’s good for you.
- “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde
- “Santa Claus had the right idea. Visit people only once a year.” – Victor Borge
- “I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.” – Shirley Temple
- “Christmas, here again. Let us raise a loving cup; Peace on earth, goodwill to men, and make them do the washing up.” – Wendy Cope
- “That’s the true spirit of Christmas; people being helped by people other than me.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.” – Bernard Manning
- “Christmas is a race to see which gives out first—your money or your feet.” – Unknown
- “Next to a circus there ain’t nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.” – Kin Hubbard
- “The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.” – Johnny Carson
- “What I like about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with the present.” – Don Marquis
- “Nothing’s as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas.” – Kin Hubbard
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Will Ferrell
- “There’s no experience quite like cutting your own live Christmas tree out of your neighbor’s yard.” – Dan Florence
- “Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.” – Andy Borowitz
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.” – Victor Borge
- “Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” – Dave Barry
- “Adults can take a simple holiday for Children and screw it up. What began as a presentation of simple gifts to delight and surprise children around the Christmas tree has culminated in a woman unwrapping six shrimp forks from her dog, who drew her name.” – Erma Bombeck
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” – Garrison Keillor
- “I love Christmas. I receive a lot of wonderful presents I can’t wait to exchange.” – Henny Youngman
- “One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.” – J.K. Rowling
Christmas Quotes Funny
- “If my Valentine you won’t be, I’ll hang myself on your Christmas tree.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” – Maya Angelou
- “Sending Christmas cards is a good way to let your friends and family know that you think they’re worth the price of a stamp.” – Melanie White
- “I haven’t taken my Christmas lights down. They look so nice on the pumpkin.” – Winston Spear
- “I hate the radio this time of year because they play “All I Want For Christmas Is You” like, every other song. And that’s just not enough.” – Bridger Winegar
- “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas. You know, the birth of Santa?” – Matt Groening
- “There are 17 more shopping days until Christmas. So, guys, that means 16 more days till we start shopping, right?” – Conan O’Brien
- “A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn’t get into a single argument all day.” -Melanie White
- “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.” – Johnny Carson
- “The office Christmas party is a great opportunity to catch up with people you haven’t seen for 20 minutes.” – Julius Sharpe
- “Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.” – Harlan Miller
- “Christmas sweaters are only acceptable as a cry for help.” – Andy Borowitz
Inspirational Christmas Messages
Here are some inspiring messages for family and friends on this memorable Christmas season, Show love
- “Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.” —G.K. Chesterton
- “The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “Freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin—inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.” John J. Geddes
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” – Nora Roberts
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
- “Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago.” – Tom Baker
- “Mankind is a great, an immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” – Pope John XXII
Christmas Love Quotes
- “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent…” – Taylor Caldwell
- “Christmas gives us an opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.”- David Cameron
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Theresa
- “Christmas now surrounds us, Happiness is everywhere. Our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air.”
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”
- “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.”
- “The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” – James Cash Penney
- “Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.”- Freya Stark
- “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another.” – Carrie Fisher
- “There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Sevareid
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” -Bob Hope
- “The joy of brightening other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” – W.C. Jones
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” Norman Vincent Peale
- “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.”
- “Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.”