With that in mind, welcome to the game of thinkering, giggling, and grinning as you move through the process of scoring four tokens in a row.
In this short article, we will guide you through how to play Cranium Cadoo step-by-step, play with your kids, and giggle all the way.
- Number of Players: 2-16 (Ideally 4)
- Ages: 7+
- Length: 30 minutes or less
- Difficulty: Easy
- Similar To: Cranium, Cranium Hoopla, Pictionary, Pictureka
- Game board
- Two secret decoder masks
- Two tins of Cranium clay
- 300 outrageous cards
- 40 colorful tokens
- Six-sided Cranium Cadoo die
- Drawing pad
The objective of playing this game
The main aim of playing this game is to be the first to Cadoo which means placing four tokens in a row either up, down, or diagonally.
The setup is easy.
Place the gameboard in the middle of the table. In addition, place the pad, pencils, SOLO and COMBO cards, timer, Cranium Clay, decoder goggles, and the die in their appropriate spots on the gameboard or the table.
Every single player will select a token color and take all tokens of that color. However, if more than four players, check the special instructions for how to play in teams on the back page.
Once you’re done, you are ready to start the game of Cadooing. Remember, the youngest player starts first.
On your turn perform the following steps:
- Roll a die to choose a card – You either get a Solo or Combo
- You will then select the box appropriate to the die roll and draw a card out of it.
- You will read the card out loud for everyone to hear and you perform the required activity.
- Start the timer when ready and perform your Cadoo challenge.
- If you successfully perform the activity before the timer runs down, place your tokens on the gameboard.
- After that, pass the die to the player on your left side. This is because your turn ends after one card.
- Pass the die to the player on your left. Your turn ends after one card.
If successful with a Solo card
With a solo card you get the opportunity to perform one of five different activities:
- Fast find
- Code cracker
- Double meanie
- Ace observer
If successful with a Combo card
With a combo card you have one of three activities to perform:
- Act out
- Doodle – Draw
- Scupltorades – Clay
End of Game
The first player to get a four-in-row Cadoo wins the game. However, you only win on a Solo Card.
If you roll a combo while you already have three kens in a row, you will place the next token but not on the spot to give you a complete Cadoo (Win). Remember, only a solo card gives you that.
If nobody gets a Cadoo, keep on playing until the board is full. The winner is the one with the most tokens.
To play in teams, check the back page for the instructions.
Over to you
Have fun playing the game of Cadooing and also check our board game page for more board game ideas.
If you don’t own the game yet, buy it here on Amazon.